Do you want to help us improve their lives and are you looking for experience in this area? We are expanding our volunteer programme to help increase the variety of support we can give to our residents and we can offer you appropriate training and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
If you have valuable life experience, useful job or professional skills and a few hours a week to spare, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete and submit the below Expression of Interest form.
|Volunteer role description||Resident support|
|Report to||Housing & Empowerment Co-ordinator|
|Works with||Housing & Empowerment Coach (HEC)|
|Contact for advice, training & support||Volunteer Co-ordinator|
|Hours||To be agreed (maximum hours/week stated in Volunteer Agreement)|
|Location||Various resident locations|
|Purpose of role||To assist the H&E Coach in helping and empowering vulnerable people in their journey towards independent living|
Volunteers can agree with the H&E Co-ordinator which elements of the role they are comfortable undertaking:
- To assist the H&E Coach, in cleaning and preparation of Lotus Sanctuary accommodation providing a welcoming environment for residents to move into.
- Helping the H&E Coach to collect custody release residents in the H&E Coach’s vehicle, transport and settle them into their accommodation.
- Performing tasks that support the resident to help them with life skills, aspirations and transition towards an independent life.
Typical tasks include:
- Preparing accommodation – cleaning surfaces, windows, floors and hoovering
- Making up welcome packs for new residents
- Collecting food bank parcels if required (own transport needed for this task)
- Collecting pre-ordered items for the accommodation (own transport required for this task)
- Helping the HEC collect and settle residents into accommodation
- Helping to plan shopping, meals and assisting with cooking
- Listening and chatting with residents
- Performing and advising residents about simple domestic tasks
- Helping with children’s supervision (where appropriate), play and activities
- Any other tasks within the remit of the volunteer role, requested by the HEC
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Be approachable, calm and compassionate
- Have a non-judgemental approach, embracing equality and diversity
- Be able to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Be willing to train, learn and develop new skills